Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sharing your light

I would like to start this little story with a very strong passage which is the main reason why some Christians share their faith. In Matthew 28:19-20 we see where the great commission is given by Jesus Christ to his disciples. This is how my story has its beginnings. Everything started a cold Saturday of October when I was called by my friend Patrick Shawhan to help as a translator in the activity called Make a Difference Day. When you are blessed by God with the gift of knowing another language besides you native one you sometimes underestimate the possibility of being used by God in His work. Everything was going normally at the activity until I was called to help with a language problem at the Family Entrance tent, and I thought “Well probably I'm going to help with some words and that's it” but my big impression came when I had to talk a person about the plan of Salvation, you know it's weird how the word training has an influence in every activity of the human being, well for the ones who are getting a little bit lost about what I'm saying, is that in the Christian life sometimes if you don't train you become very weak in certain aspects of your Christian life and that means the part where you have to talk about Salvation to someone who does not understand anything about it. Returning to my story, I was there with a lady called Teresa Santos whom I didn't know and I never talked before, I guess that's how God works in our lives if we think we don't have anything to do He will bring things to our lives. I started talking to her and explain her about how Jesus came to my life and how He gave me the give of Salvation, also how we through His mercy are saved and can approach the Father through The Cross of Jesus, how we through the understanding of Jesus' love we can be saved and forgiven, at that moment she started to cry, I couldn't understand at a first thought the why until I remember the moment I was saved, and you know folks, when we make Jesus a just thing we lose the meaning of our lives and the reason of why, because after a lot of mission trips and a lot bible studies we think we know everything and we are holy enough to not worry about read the Bible every day of to pray twice a day. Jesus is not a daily thing that you pick up to go like your cellphone of your shoes He is the all in all, the alpha and the omega. Jesus is not religion, is not just a moment in our lives that is and the is gone, Jesus my friends is life, light, salvation, love, mercy, radically changing the way some of us see Christianity and driving crazy the ones who don't understand what real Christianity means. Now Teresa Santos know about that Jesus and she is saved for the glory of God. As a last thought I give the glory and honor to God which the creator and author of everything I have in my life.

No comments: